Charlène is at home in Monaco after a long illness and hospitalization

Of Enrica Roddolo

The princess was in a health resort abroad to recover from the summer surgeries and “general fatigue”. She will continue the convalescence in the family

“Princess Charlène is at home”, the palace announced after almost a year of absence from the Principality. She at her house with Prince Albert and her children, the twins Jacques and Gabriella who welcomed her with great affection at the Rocher. And one can imagine great emotion.

“In agreement with his doctors and seeing that his recovery is on the right trackthe princes – their Most Serene Highnesses – have decided by mutual agreement that at this point the princess can continue her convalescence in Monaco ».

The next few weeks will therefore allow Charlène to recover completely to “gradually resume official activities,” assures the palace.

Charlène had been missing from the Principality since mid-November after returning briefly on 7 November from South Africa where she had undergone various operations for an infection related to the “otolaryngologist” sphere.

Beautiful as always but very tried and very thin from the disease, the princess before climbing the ladder of the plane that in early November 2021 had brought her back to Monaco after a long period in hospital in South Africa where she underwent several surgeries, was greeted by a basket of red flowers. Her hair with a new bob hairstyle in a warm hazelnut color.

It was touching the embrace of the children, Jacques and Gabriella, when they saw their mother again at the Rocher of Monaco, after the long illness. “It must have been terrible for Charlène, as a mother, to stay away from children for so long in these months in South Africa,” Beatrice Borromeo, wife of Pierre Casiraghi, nephew of Prince Albert, told the Corriere. And as a mother of two children, I too know how terrible being away from my children can be ».

But despite the return to Monaco from South Africa, the princess immediately showed signs of profound fatigue, according to what Prince Albert said. such as to require a new period of treatment. And the cancellation of his presence on the National Day of November 19th.

“The princess is still very weak, a state of deep physical fatigue will still not allow her to take part in the celebrations of the National Day“. From the Palace of Monaco, two days before the beginning of the celebrations of San Ranieri on November 19 with the ceremony at St Nicholas Cathedral and the view from the balcony of the princes, the news had arrived that Charlène returned a few weeks from the long period of there would be no cure in South Africa. “But as soon as she has recovered with joy she will join again in the moments of conviviality with the whole Monegasque family and she will resume her public commitments.”

Now the new press release of the palace – after months of indiscretions and speculations – ensures that the princess will soon return to carry out her official commitments as well. But in the meantime, the communication suggests, it will still have to completely recover.


Leave a Comment